Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lok Sabha Speaker to decide on proceedings of Justice Sen

New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will take the final call on whether to carry out proceedings against Justice Soumitra Sen in Lok Sabha or not. The Speaker will decide on Monday morning after consulting all parties, according to sources.




Sources have also said that Attorney General GE Vahanvati had advised that the proceedings should continue in Lok Sabha. Justice Sen hand-delivered his resignation letter to the President on Saturday.

On August 18, the Rajya Sabha had by a huge margin approved the motion of his removal on the charges of misappropriation of funds when he was a lawyer. But he claimed that he was innocent, and was made a sacrificial lamb to cleanse the judiciary.



In his letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Justice Sen had said that no one either from the Bar or from the Civil Society has raised any complaint regarding his integrity honesty and competence regarding discharging judicial functions.




"There is no complaint against me even today regarding my conduct as a Judge while discharging my judicial functions or my conduct as a judge outside the Court," said Justice Sen in his letter. "I am not guilty of any form of corruption, there is no allegation against me that I am guilty of passing any order or judgment for extraneous consideration or that I have abused my power in any way so that my family or relatives or acquaintances have amassed wealth," Justice Sen in his letter to the Lok Sabha Speaker said.

No comments:

Post a Comment