Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I wont change to be considered sexy: Prachi Desai

Tired of played sedate, butter-won't-melt-in-the-mouth roles Prachi Desai is all set to loosen up and let her hair down. Not only is she ready for a complete makeover in the Bhatts' Informer for Rohit Shetty's Bol Bachchan Prachi teams up with Abhishek Bachchan. 

And she's already going into the fun zone big time. Prachi who has lately been struggling with bad press. And the reason for it, according to sources, is Prachi's sudden transition from television to cinema. A leap that many earlier Balajee protégées like Mihir Upadhyay, Iqbal Khan and Amna Sharif, Natasha and Eijaaz Khan have attempted and failed. 



Says a source, “Only two of Ekta's protégées Rajeev Khandelwal and Prachi Desai have been able to make the transition successfully from television to cinema. Ask Prachi about her relationship status with Ekta, and the girl turns diplomatic. “So much has been said about our soured friendship. But the fact is, we are still the same. Nothing has changed. 

” Prachi is at a crucial stage in her career where she is ready for an image makeover. Tired of her prim and conservative image She is all set to go all-out for a wardrobe revamp, even if it means losing some of her inhibitions. 

 Says the girl, “I have a sober image and I am proud of it. I wouldn't want to exchange that image just to be considered sexy. Even when I got my big Bollywood break in Rock On and then Life Partner I played sweet goodygoody roles. But now in my forthcoming films I am all set for a makeover. I am ready to do what the script requires. 


But I've my inbuilt censor which stops me from doing certain things. I won't go beyond the limits I've sent for myself. I am young and a girl of today. But so far whether On television or in films I've played extremely inhibited conservative girls far older than I actually am. That will change now. I'm playing my own age and that too with leading men closer to my age.

About opting out of two South Indian films at the last minute Prachi says, “What can I do? It was a genuine dates problem in one case. As for the other film, nothing had been finalized, no dates nothing. If filmmakers want to use my name for publicity what can I do? It hasn't been easy for me to make the transition from television to cinema. I had to prove myself doubly hard. And now if people want to spoil it for me, what can I say? Except that I wish them well. ” You wonder if Ekta Kapoor is proud of her blue-eyed girl and Prachi shoots back, “I hope she is!”

No comments:

Post a Comment